Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Friends, Colleagues and Ex-Bosses

Meaning to write in for a long time. Its been a time of flux in my life, changed jobs and all the other things that go with it.

This piece is dedicated to all the great people and the not so great people I worked with in my last job. It was a great place, peopled with a young group of hard workers, who made my stay with them memorable if not happy.

Let me start with my immediate cabin members, the list included NJ, DM, Shashi Pujari (he never had an acronym to his name, too bad), Lintu (if he had the time, inclination and the energy to commute from way beyond mumbai to arrive at the office, on time).

I got along famously with DM and Shashi, Lintu was like a great friend. Lint and I got along so well, that when together, the cabin was always so noisy that DM had a head ache. Shashi, was low on the totem pole so his problems do not get a mention over here. Never was a day when Lint and I did not have fun at the expense of DM, parodying his favorite songs, clicking funny photos on his mobile phone, even recording risque songs for his entertainment and embarassment. His love life (or lack thereof) always got adequate coverage in these sessions.
Dabbas and lunches were a grand affair, with we two cornering the lions share.

Then there were the others, Sanjay Testroom in-charge, pravin, vishal and our resident 'special' narender (ya the guy with the bald head down below). These were my friends in the service department. Hung out a lot with Vish and Narru. Pravin was the punctual guy leaving at dot 6 pm so never got much out of him. It always used to be me, vish and Narru at any get together.. with me and vish palnning to start Narrus family for him!

One of the very important person was our resident god father! Tall claims of making a temple at his home town, gypped fifty bucks out of me. Have not seen a brick of it yet! Been almost a year.

Then there was this sweet girl, Ms Pratibha Borade or PB, who always used to say that I remind her of her brother. Well shes getting married and all the best to her and her PAN, may they always be happy.

Arun, a great guy in the back office, always hassled by my demands of PLs, leaflets and what not. May you find peace and happiness bro. God speed.

There were others too, Abdul Bhai, Babu bhai, Guruji in the factory. Too bad could not say good bye, may you all forgive me.

Rakesh, Dheeraj and Santosh Ghadi, their lunch at 12.30 always saved my eternally hungry soul. Food for a brahman, may their karma be always very bright. They even had the courtesy to inform me in advance when they got non veg food.

Mamta, the receptionist, My village person, zeroxes, faxes and a smile with a booming voice.. hope you are doing good!

Raju the peon, owes me fifty bucks, have let it go. Got me water and coffee whenever I used to need it. Peace with you man.

Then there was our Sir, Mr Hemant Shah. A lot have I learnt from him. Ethics, hard work, openness to new ideas. Criticisms, jokes and all. He is the person who gave me the job in the first place. Gave me a lot of songs too. Discussed issues with me, when he could have relegated them to others in the office. I have always respected and admired him. May you always be happy and your dreams for Medica be ever bright and successful.

Sachin Shetye, hmm.. our technical manager. Hard working, smart and intelligent. Never spoke much, was kind of reserved. Believes Tendulkar should be rested or (horrors) resign on his own!

Santosh Chauhan.. well the accounts guy.. hopes he pays me my dues!!! Will write after the cheque's in. ;-)

NJ, never got along well with him. Dont know what went wrong, but then never cared enough, I guess. Is arrogant sometimes and does not always do what is best for the team. Has the smarts to make it, but needs to remember that other people are important too. My fault was that I could also not give it my best whenever I had him over me. Maybe I Need to work on my people skills. Believes Tendulkar is god of Indian Cricket.

To all at medica, had fun, have moved on. Will remember some of you, some will be lost in the sands of time.

Take care all, peace to you.

No comments: