Friday, May 11, 2007

Wish List.

Am having a thing for lists nowadays it seems. Just the other day waiting at a doctor’s office, being bored and tired at the same time, my mind took a break. It went back to all the stuff happening at work, some good and some bad. It took me a moment to realize, that even when my mind was taking a break, I was actually thinking of work. I have become the degenerate corporate type, who just cannot leave work alone.

Wrenching my attention from office, I started thinking of all the things I ever wanted to do. So, without much ado, the Vibhu Da Brahman to do Wish list:

  1. Much thought went into the first one. It’s probably the most mundane, but has been bugging me for quite a while. Learn to ride a bike. My Bro has got one; need to get it on the road. For all my practicing, can’t seem to find more than one gear, except neutral that is.

  2. Another locomotive one. Learn to fly. Does not need much explaining now, does it?

  3. Learn and cook a great vegetarian seven course meal. From aperitif to dessert.

  4. Learn Sanskrit again. Me gramps tried to teach me the Upanishads, never understood the need for it back then. Now I know. Nothing better than learning to read and understand them in the language written.

  5. Learn to pray. Really pray. Empty the mind and speak to God. All those texts written, maybe I need to give them a chance.

  6. Read and understand the Holy Bible and the Koran. Learn what the big deal is.

  7. Put a week long smile on mum’s face.

  8. Swim with the dolphins.

  9. Blend the perfect cocktail.

  10. Research and help develop the perfect gait for man. Using biomechanical tools, develop the most energy efficient gait man can have, with charts for different height – weight ratios, diagrams and mannequins to explain. Maybe start a great new revolution, help India win the Olympic gold! With our dependence on labor saving machines, we seemed to have forgotten that we evolved this way for a reason. Feet for walking and hands for picking stuff.

  11. Build a prosthesis and rehabilitate people using the patented energy saving gait.

  12. Climb the Himalayas. By foot, chopper or sherpa. Does not matter. Get to the top.

  13. Build an iconic car. Fast and faster. Run it on Indian roads.

  14. Build my house. My very own. Stuff science fiction is made of.

  15. Write a great song.

  16. Learn to play the guitar. Well.

  17. Write a great short story, one that stands up to all the greats in the world.

  18. Feel. Period.

  19. Mourn a day for all the millions of Indians dead due to war, famine and all of their consequences.

  20. Rejoice for all the thousands of Indians born each day.

  21. Write a great poem, one that makes her smile.

  22. Be a double-decker bus driver for a day.

  23. Take a load of cargo, Trans-India, on a multi-axle.

  24. Learn to farm.

  25. Earn a profit on my farm.

  26. Learn three languages. French, Spanish and Arabic.

  27. Restore and use my very own vintage bike.

  28. Be rich.

  29. Be happy while rich.

  30. Dream forever. For dreamers do live.

I think that about covers it for now.

Vibhu Da Brahman.

2 comments:

Skinsleuth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Skinsleuth said...

Why does this post have html tags?

Anyway, let's see which wishes do we have in common:
1) Learn and cook a great vegetarian seven course meal.
2) Learn to pray. Really pray. Empty the mind and speak to God.
3) Put a week long smile on mum’s face.
4) Write a great song.
5) Learn to play the guitar. Well.
6) Write a great short story.
7) Feel. Period.
8) Learn two languages: French and Spanish.
9) Be rich.
10) Be happy while rich.
11) Dream forever. For dreamers do live.
11 wishes. Now, that's not bad, what say?